Meet the Terracotta Warriors, sleep overnight in a monastery, hike Emei Shan and Tiger Leaping Gorge, marvel at the Li River countryside near Yangshuo, bask in the glamour of Hong Kong
Walk the Great Wall of China and trek through stunning Tiger Leaping Gorge. Stare down Terracotta Warriors and commune with giant pandas. For those seeking a unique adventure that balances China’s highlights with a look at its ‘wild’ side, this 3-week tour gives you the classics before taking you further afield to the hidden gems. Best of all, you get the free time you need to explore at your own pace. Whether wandering mountain monasteries or cycling through the region’s watercolour scenery, this tour will take you down the road less travelled.
- Great Wall excursion and entrance (Beijing). Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City guided tour. Xia'an orientation walk. Terracotta Warriors excursion. Panda Breeding Center visit (Chengdu). Leshan sitting Buddha stop. Emei Shan hike. Lijiang UNESCO World Heritage site orientation walk. Tiger Leaping Gorge trek. Dali orientation walk. Kunming city tour. Li River cruise (Yangshuo).
- 1 lunch. (Allow USD315-450 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (11 nts), guesthouses (4 nts), basic monastery (2 nts), sleeper train (3 nts).
- Train, plane, air-con bus, public bus, walking.
- English-speaking Chinese Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
- Hong Kong
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Beijing
Walk the legendary grounds of Tiananmen Square. Included visit to the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. Overnight train on Day 3 to Xi'an.
Day 4-5 Xi'an
Included visit to one of China’s greatest archaeological treasures—the Terracotta Warriors. Option to cycle the ancient city walls.
Day 6 Chengdu
Transport is provided to see the famous giant pandas up close at the Panda Breeding Center. Option to watch a Sichuan opera.
Day 7-8 Leshan/Emei Shan
Hike Emei Shan, one of the four sacred Buddhist mountains of China, before staying in a basic monastery. En route to Emei Shan, we include a visit to world's largest outdoor sitting Buddha in Leshan.
Day 9-10 Lijiang
Fly to Lijiang, a World Heritage-listed town. Orientation walk included. Optional visit to the Black Dragon Pool Park.
Day 11-12 Tiger Leaping Gorge
Trek Tiger Leaping Gorge, a spectacular trail following the Yangtze River as it cuts through the dramatic gorge.
Day 13-14 Dali
Explore this colourful ancient walled town on an orientation walk and choose to visit the stunning '3 Pagodas' or one of the local markets.
Day 15-16 Kunming /Yangshuo
Travel overland to Kunming and explore the Green Lake and local markets on an included city tour. Fly from Kunming to Guilin and take a private transfer to spend the night in Yangshuo.
Day 17-19 Yangshuo (1L)
Enjoy three days exploring the beautiful countryside in and around Yangshuo. Relax on an included Li River cruise passing through a seemingly endless range of stunning karst mountains. On Day 19, travel by bus and overnight train to Hong Kong.
Day 20 Hong Kong
Cross the border to Hong Kong and enjoy free time to explore this exotic city.
Day 21 Hong Kong
Depart at any time. We highly recommend you book post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now