Voyage Galapagos - North and Central Islands
4 nights cruising the Galápagos National Park aboard the Daphn), snorkel in the caldera of a collapsed volcano and searching for marine life, explore extraordinary frigatebird and booby cliff colonies on Genovesa, relax on the white-sand beaches of Santiago, learn about about the biological history of the islands from your naturalist guide
Please note, these local payments are not included in the price of this tour.+10.00 USD (Transit Control Card)+100.00 USD (Galapagos Park Fee)
A more compact version of the 10-day 'Voyage Galapagos - Western Islands,' this cruise stays focused on the northern islands of the Galápagos archipelago. Climb aboard the comfortable Daphne (G3) and enjoy extras like included snorkelling gear and the presence of and expert naturalist guide, there to make sense of this unique region. After a full day of swimming with unique sea life and walking among wildlife that has no fear of humans, enjoy deck-side drinks before retiring to your air-conditioned cabin. Ocean views come standard. As always with G Adventures, our vessels are exclusive so you know you're exploring in good company.
- 4 nights in the Galápagos Islands aboard the. Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands. Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide. All landings, excursions and transportation. Snorkelling equipment. Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre.
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD75-100 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Transit Control Card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galápagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Hotels (2 nts), aboard the Daphne (G3) in twin-share cabins (4 nts).
- Local flight, Daphne (G3) motorized yacht, van, Zodiac, private bus.
- Galápagos National Park Service guide while in the islands. Local G Adventures representative in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 San Cristóbal Island 1B,1L,1D)
Early flight to San Cristóbal. Meet your guide and transfer to the ship.
After lunch, visit the San Cristóbal Interpretation Centre to learn more about the Galapagos islands
Day 3 Santa Fe Island & South Plaza Island (1B,1L,1D)
Land on Santa Fe early morning for guided walks to observe the wildlife and plentiful marine iguanas. Opportunities for swimming and snorkelling with the sea lions. Afternoon visit to South Plaza for wildlife spotting opportunities.
Day 4 Genovesa Island (1B,1L,1D)
Land at Genovesa, an old imploded volcano, to observe the massive colonies of frigatebirds, boobies and other seabirds, as well as striking volcanic cliffs rising from the ocean.
Day 5 Santiago Island & Rábida Island (1B,1L,1D)
Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island in the morning to witness the striking and fascinating giant lava formations. Very few plants have managed to survive on this island due to the harsh environment and relatively new lava floe. Enjoy a walk along the lava formations before coming to a white coral sand beach, where plentiful sally lightfoot crabs and sea lions can be seen.
In the afternoon, we will take an excursion to Rábida Island, where we will land on a red sand beach. From here a short trail leads to a salt water lagoon, often home to wading flamingos. Another trail goes past the lagoon to the interior, where the revered palo santo trees grow. When burned, the branches of this tree give off a pleasing aroma and ward off mosquitoes. Back on the beach among low-lying bushes nest the prehistoric-looking pelicans. This is the best area for close viewing of these nesting birds, and it's a rare treat to watch parent pelicans return with gullets full of fish for the squawking youngsters.
Day 6 Santa Cruz Island, Baltra Island & Quito (1B)
Morning visit to Black Turtle Cove, then disembark on Baltra for a late morning flight back to Quito.
Day 7 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time.
The itinerary of this trip has changed as of October 18th, 2012 and differs slightly from our 2013 Earth brochure
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now