Experience the bustling streets of Bangkok, explore colourful Chiang Mai, trek to remote hilltribe villages, float down a river on a bamboo raft, enjoy the island beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Tao.
Perfect for those looking to experience northern Thailand’s cultural treasures and the natural beauty of its southern islands. This 16-day trip will help you get off the beaten path with a trek to the region’s hilltribes but remains flexible enough to suit all tastes. From the lush hills of the north, stitched through with the diverse colours of its hilltribes, to the soft sands of the south and the glorious chaos of Bangkok, Thailand will leave you captivated.
- Visit to Chiang Mai night market. Hilltribe trek. Indigenous village stay. Elephant feeding and bathing. Bamboo rafting. Street food crawl. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD325-425 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels/bungalows (9 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (4 nts).
- Local bus, train, walking, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, trekking staff.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (1B)
Option to visit the Grand Palace and Wat Po. Street food crawl with the group and CEO either today or another day on tour. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Bangkok during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Opt to visit Doi Suthep temple, comb the night markets for souvenirs or participate in a Thai cooking class.
Day 4-6 Hilltribe Trek (2B,2L,2D)
Guided hilltribe trek and village stays with traditional meals, elephant feeding/bathing, and bamboo rafting.
Day 7 Chiang Mai (1B)
Time for last-minute shopping or a cooking class before boarding the overnight train to Bangkok (flight and extra night in Chiang Mai during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 8-9 Bangkok (1B)
Return to Bangkok to visit the temples missed, museums only passed by and shops only peeked in.
Day 10 Khao Sok National Park
Hike, swim or relax riverside. Opt to explore the national park on a guided tour.
Day 11-12 Koh Samui (2B)
Option to visit the national marine park on a snorkelling trip, kayak on crystal clear waters or chill out on white-sand beaches.
Day 13-15 Koh Tao (3B)
Relax, swim, snorkel or take part in water activities.
Day 16 Bangkok
Trip ends on arrival at the Bangkok train station. Onward travel can be booked for 3pm or later.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now