Thailand and Laos Adventure
Explore Bangkok's canals, discover Buddhist temples, float down the mighty Mekong, get wet in the spray of waterfalls
Special Offers and Promotions
Discover the wonderfully exotic side of Southeast Asia.
From the energy of Bangkok to the calm of Laos, this trip is a study in contrasts. Visit temples in Chiang Mai then spend the evening exploring the night market. Sail the Mekong into the heart and soul of Laos. An experienced CEO will make sure you get the most of your tour, but will leave plenty of time for you to do your own thing. We utilize many forms of transport—both public and private—to keep travel time short, maximizing time spent exploring the history and culture of this unforgettable region.
- Bangkok klong trip. Wat Po entrance and guide. Doi Suthep entrance (Chiang Mai). Pak Ou caves entrance (Luang Prabang). Traditional Arts & Ethnology Museum guided tour. Kuang Si waterfalls trek (half-day). Laotian homestay experience. Water puppets performance (Hanoi). Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum entrance (when open). Internal flight.
- 10 breakfasts, 2 dinners. (Allow USD265-350 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (11 nights), village homestay (1 night), sleeper train (1 night).
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, boat, songthaew, cyclo, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (1B)
Guided longboat tour of Bangkok’s klongs and Wat Po. Optional Grand Palace and National Museum visit. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Bangkok during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Enjoy a guided Doi Suthep temple tour. Optional activities include cooking classes, a visit to the night market or an elephant ride.
Day 4 Chiang Khong
Head to Chiang Khong via Wat Rong Khun and enjoy the view of the mighty Mekong.
Day 5 Mekong River
Travel by traditional boat down the Mekong River and cross the border into Laos.
Day 6-8 Luang Prabang (3B, 1D)
Take a guided tour of Pak Ou caves, the Ethnology Museum and Kuang Si waterfalls, including a local meal. Other activities include cooking classes, temple visits, night market shopping, bike riding and hiking.
Days 9-10 Homestay/Vang Vieng (2B,1D)
Spend the night in a local village enjoying traditional Laotian food. Sleep and eat like a local with a CEO explaining everything along the way. On Day 10, drive to the picturesque town of Vang Vieng, ideal for exploring the countryside by bicycle or kayak.
Day 11 Vientiane (1B)
Optional temple visits, see the National Museum, explore highlights of the town.
Day 12-13 Hanoi (2B)
Fly from Vientiane to Hanoi on Day 12. Visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, stilt house and presidential palace. Water puppets show included. Opt to visit the tour of Temple of Literature, museums and Hoa Lo Prison.
Day 14 Hanoi (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now