Taste wine in the Hunter Valley, stay overnight at a sheep station and learn techniques from the locals, pan for gold, learn to surf in famous Byron Bay
Think Australia’s out of your league since you’re short on time and cash? Nope! This quick and economical Sydney-to-Brisbane jaunt squeezes tons of excitement into a short time frame at a price that fits any budget. Learn to surf and sip Australia’s viticultural bounty on the coast, then move inland to the Outback to try your hand at panning for gold and sheep shearing. It’s Oz in a flash for a fraction of the cost.
- Hunter Valley wine tasting. Sheep shearing demonstration. Gold panning and mine tour. Surf and yoga lessons (Byron Bay). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 6 breakfasts, 2 dinners (Allow AUD100-150 for meals not included)
- Hostels (6 nts, multi-share).
- Private bus
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 20, avg 16
Add to your Experience
Please note that most accommodation in Australia is multi-share.
Day 1 Sydney
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Nundle Sheep Station (1B,1D)
Travel to the Hunter Valley for a wine tasting. Overnight at a sheep station, including a shearing demonstration.
Day 3 Bingara (1B,1D)
Visit a working mine and have a go at panning for gold.
Day 4 Yamba (1B)
Travel to this beach town surrounded by Yuraygir NP. Go for a swim at the beach, relax and enjoy the view.
Day 5-6 Byron Bay (2B)
Travel up the coast to Byron Bay, which has a reputation as an alternative hippie town. Take a surf lesson and zen out at a yoga class. Free time to hit the beach, get a massage, go skydiving, or try sea kayaking.
Day 7 Brisbane (1B)
Travel to Brisbane with a stop at the Gold Coast. Tour ends in Brisbane at 6pm, please book onward travel after 8pm.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now