South Africa & Swazi Quest
Spot the Big Five in game parks and reserves, visit local villages and cosmopolitan Cape Town, search for resident wildlife in Kruger National Park, take in southern Africa's dramatic scenery, experience local dancing.
The unvarnished grandeur of South Africa is on display in this comprehensive exploration of one of the continent’s most diverse and fascinating destinations. Africa’s incredible culture and wildlife is at a premium on this tour—from the coastal shores of Tsitsikamma to extensive game drives in Addo Elephant National Park and the famed Kruger. You’ll also have the chance to visit a traditional Swazi village, explore modern Cape Town, and follow the glorious Garden Route. Add in knowledgeable CEOs and some of the best camp meals you’ve ever tasted and you’ve got a recipe for adventure par excellence.
- Entrances with game drives in our overland vehicle in Kruger and Addo National Parks. Traditional Shangaan dinner and dance. Tsitsikamma National Park entrance. Visit Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School.
- 16 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 12 dinners. (Allow USD85-110 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Simple hotels (4 nts), participation camping (11 nts), backpacker dorm (1 nt, multi-share).
- 19-seat touring vehicle, maximum 14 passengers.
- 2 Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 14, avg 12.
- South Africa
Day 1 Johannesburg
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Greater Kruger Area/Kruger National Park (2B,2L,2D)
Drive through scenic mountains, experience a traditional Shangaan dinner and dance. Visit Shalati village and included visit to a Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School just outside Krugar National Park. Game drive and animal viewing in our touring vehicle.
Day 4-5 Kingdom of Swaziland (2B,2L,2D)
Explore Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary. Opt to go on a hike, mountain biking or tour a Swazi village.
Day 6-7 Zululand (2B,1L)
Choose from a boat cruise, a nature walk, horseback riding, kayaking or visit a Umfolozi Game Reserve as optional activities.
Day 8-10 Durban/Wild Coast (3B,3L,3D)
Bunny chow and gum boot dance. Explore the rocky beaches and hidden lagoons while marvelling at the Eastern Cape scenery.
Day 11 Addo Elephant National Park (B,L,D)
Enjoy a game drive in our touring vehicle. Be on the watch for big elephants.
Day 12-14 Tsitsikamma/Knysna (3B,3L,3D)
Visit Tsitsikamma National Park. Opt to hike, scuba dive, snorkel, take a boat ride, canoe, whale watch or bungee jump.
Day 15-16 Oudtshoorn/Cape Town (2B,2L,1D)
Visit 'The Heads' in Knysna. Travel over the Outeniqua Mountains into Klein Karoo ('Little Karoo'). Opt to explore the Cango Caves, an ostrich farm and all that Cape Town has to offer.
Day 17 Cape Town (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now