Thailand on a Shoestring
Experiencing the bustling streets of Bangkok, exploring colourful Chiang Mai, trekking on foot and by elephant through the jungle, overnighting in remote hilltribe villages, floating down a river on a bamboo raft, sleeping in Khao Sok National Park, enjoying the island beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Tao.
Perfect for those looking to experience Northern Thailand’s cultural treasures and the natural beauty of its southern islands. This 16-day trip will help you get off the beaten path with a trek to the region’s hilltribes but remains flexible enough to suit all tastes. From the lush hills of the north, stitched through with the diverse colours of its hilltribes, to the soft sands of the south and the glorious chaos of Bangkok, Thailand will leave you captivated.
- Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, Hilltribe trek, ethnic minority village stay, Elephant Riding, bamboo Rafting, stay in the surrounds of Khao Sok National Park, Beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Tao
- 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD325-425 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels/bungalows (9 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (4 nts).
- Local bus, train, elephant, walking, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok
Option to visit the Grand Palace and Wat Po. Overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Option to attend a Thai cooking course, take a bicycle tour or visit Doi Suthep temple.
Day 4-6 Hilltribe Trek (3B,2L,2D)
Enjoy trekking amongst the hilltribes, staying in villages, riding elephants, navigating a river on a bamboo raft and eating local-style meals.
Day 7 Chiang Mai
Time for last-minute shopping or a cooking class before boarding the overnight train to Bangkok.
Day 8-9 Bangkok
Return to Bangkok to visit the temples you missed, museums you only passed by and shops you only peeked in.
Day 10 Khao Sok National Park (1B)
Option for hiking, swimming or relaxing riverside.
Day 11-12 Koh Samui
Option to visit the national marine park on a snorkelling trip, kayak on crystal clear waters or chill out on white sandy beaches.
Day 13-15 Koh Tao
Relax, swim, snorkel or take part in water activities.
Day 16 Bangkok
Trip ends on arrival at Bangkok train station. Onward travel can be booked for 3pm or later.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now