Experience the bustle of Bangkok, explore the vibrancy of Chiang Mai, trek through northern hilltribes and meet the locals, float downstream on a bamboo raft.
From the luxury of Bangkok's malls and gleaming highrises, head north to Thailand's hills. Eating and sleeping with the hilltribes will bring you face to face with these colourful cultures. We’ll leave plenty of time for fun in historic Chiang Mai with its night market and delicious cuisine. Our CEOs will help you get off the beaten path—but you'll stay flexible by being able to choose the activities you really want.
- Hilltribe trek. Indigenous village stay. Elephant feeding and bathing. Bamboo rafting. Street food crawl. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD100-120 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (3 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (2 nts).
- Local bus, songthaew, train, walking, river raft.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, trekking staff.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (1B)
Opt to visit Wat Po and the Grand Palace or check out the city's klongs by boat. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Bangkok during monsoon season, depending on conditions). Enjoy one of two street food crawls with the group and CEO while here.
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Opt to visit Doi Suthep temple, comb the night markets for souvenirs or participate in a Thai cooking class.
Day 4-6 Hilltribe Trek (2B,3L,2D)
Guided hilltribe trek and village stays with elephant feeding/bathing and bamboo rafting.
Day 7 Chiang Mai (1B)
Opt to go shopping, enjoy a Thai massage or explore Chiang Mai's many temples. Overnight train to Bangkok (flight and extra night in Chiang Mai during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 8 Bangkok
Trip ends on arrival at the Bangkok train station (or airport, depending on the season). Onward travel can be booked for 3pm or later.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now