Surf world-famous waves, experience a historic Maori village with a local guide, conquer New Zealand's top-rated 1-day trek, dance the night away in Wellington.
There are no departure dates currently available for the rest of this season. Some tours only run during parts of the year.
Please Contact Us to inquire about dates for next season, or to discuss other tour options.
Admittedly, we haven’t checked the numbers too closely, but we’re confident that New Zealand ranks among the world’s leading producers of excitement. This quick trip across the North Island jams as many thrills as permissible by law into seven electrifying, activity-packed days. Sea kayak, learn to surf New Zealand's world-famous waves, experience Maori culture directly from the Maori themselves and more, all in a breezy week that always feels full and never feels hurried.
- Visit to a conservation farm (Raglan). Sea kayaking (Raglan). Surf lesson (Raglan). Maori cultural experience. Tongariro Alpine Crossing (seasonal). Te Papa Museum (Wellington). Orientation walk in Wellington. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners. (Allow NZD60-100 for meals not included.)
- Hostels (2 nts), simple hotel (1 nt), basic lodges (3 nts). Most nights are multi-share.
- Private bus
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 20, avg 16
Add to your Experience
- New Zealand
Please note that most accommodation in New Zealand is multi-share.
Day 1 Auckland
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Raglan (2B,1L,1D)
Visit a special conservation farm to learn about their methods before sea kayaking to a harbour for a picnic lunch. Enjoy an included surf lesson in one of the world's most famous surf areas, then opt to take bone carving lesson with the local Maori.
Day 4 Rotorua/Maori Village Visit (1B,1D)
Opt to go caving before heading to Rotorua, notable for its geothermal activity and culture. Visit a local village to gain insight into Maori culture. Enjoy a traditional 'Hangi' experience.
Day 5 National Park (1B,1D)
Travel around Lake Taupo and explore the volcanic World Heritage-listed national parks in the area. Conquer the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, New Zealand's top-rated 1-day trek (seasonal).
Day 6 Wellington (1B)
Hit the nation's capital and visit Te Papa, the national museum, or stroll along Oriental Parade. Check out some of the area's great bars and cafés.
Day 7 Auckland (1B)
Take an express journey from Wellington to Auckland, stopping in the king country town of Tamaranui for lunch. Tour ends upon arrival in Auckland at 7pm. Feel free to book onward travel anytime after 10:30pm.