Walk amongst giant kauri trees, spend the night anchored in a secluded bay, savour a traditional barbecue in Paihia
Nature lovers who leave the North Island without stopping off at the Bay of Islands will kick themselves all the way back home (and that’s a looooong flight). This 4-day trip to this outdoorsman’s paradise features ample time hiking the nature trails and makes the most of all that water with plenty of opportunities for swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing. Not enough? A night aboard a houseboat should do the trick. We take care of all the fuss. All you have to do is have the time of your life.
- Snorkelling in Goat Island Marine Reserve (seasonal). Overnight boat excursion with included activities onboard like snorkelling, fishing and kayaking. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners. (Allow USD50-75 for meals not included.)
- Hostels (2 nts), houseboat (1 nt). All nights multi-share.
- Private bus
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 20, avg 14
- New Zealand
Please note that most accommodation in New Zealand is multi-share.
Day 1 Auckland
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bay of Islands (1B,1L,1D)
Travel north via the backroads, stopping to see giant kauri trees and for an included snorkel at Goat Island Marine Reserve (seasonal). Board a large house boat for an overnight trip through the beautiful Bay of Islands.
Day 3 Paihia (1B,1D)
Enjoy free time in the morning on the boat. Choose to do a number of included water activities like kayaking, snorkelling, fishing or visiting nearby islands. Opt to go on a dolphin watching tour. Disembark with some time to explore Paihia before an evening barbecue.
Day 4 Auckland (1B)
Enjoy a free morning to relax. Opt to swim with dolphins, skydive, or check out the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds. Return to Auckland early evening where the tour finishes upon arrival. Feel free to book onward travel after 8pm.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now