Enjoy the scenery of western Canada, create a postcard-perfect photo in Jasper, sip lattes and people-watch in Vancouver, be awed by the mighty Rockies, get a bird's-eye view of Banff from a gondola, road trip through two Canadian provinces.
Vancouver’s North Coast Mountains are just the appetizer for this journey from the Pacific Coast to the Canadian Rockies. Beginning in beautiful Vancouver, travellers will hit the ocean in search of whales before heading east into the enveloping mountain wilderness of Banff and Jasper National Parks, where sulphur springs, canoeing expeditions and glaciers older than time abound. And since we camp out most nights, you’re guaranteed maximum natural contact at a minimal price. The Great Outdoors—now all yours.
- Entrance fees to all national and provincial parks with walking and hiking excursions. Gondola to Sulphur Mountain in Banff. Stop at Columbia Icefield. Visit to hot springs in the Rocky Mountains. Full-day canoe tour in Wells Gray Provincial Park. Half-day Zodiac tour including whale watching. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 9 dinners. (Allow CAD200-250 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (2 nts), participation camping (12 nts)
- Air-conditioned private touring van, hiking, ferry
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
- Small group experience; Max 12, avg 10.
This trip also runs in reverse from Calgary to Vancouver. See National Parks of the Canadian Rockies Westbound
Day 1 Vancouver
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Victoria (1L)
Discover Vancouver on a brief orientation with the CEO. In the afternoon, ferry over to the island and hit the pubs in Victoria.
Day 3-4 Tofino (2B, 1L, 2D)
Embark on a half-day Zodiac tour for marine wildlife viewing. Opt for a walk in Pacific Rim NP through the rainforest and along the beach.
Day 5-6 Whistler (2B, 1L, 1D)
Stroll the trails beneath ancient Douglas firs in MacMillan PP. Opt for a morning hike or explore the streets of the ski town of Whistler.
Day 7-8 Wells Gray Provincial Park (2B, 2L, 2D)
Relax and take a dip at Green Lake PP. Visit Helmcken Falls, a waterfall three times the height of Niagara. Full-day canoeing excursion in the Canadian wilderness and an evening barbecue.
Day 9-10 Jasper National Park (2B, 2L, 2D)
Take in sights of the immense Mount Robson. Visit Spahats Creek Falls, and hike the trails around the Maligne Canyon.
Day 11-12 Icefields Parkway/Lake Louise (2B, 2L, 2D)
Visit beautiful Peyto Lake, and stop at Columbia Icefield. Opt to take the snow coach up the Icefields Parkway. Marvel at the phenomenal Takakkaw Falls, swim in Emerald Lake, and go for an optional rafting trip on the Kicking Horse River.
Day 13 Yoho National Park/Banff National Park (1B, 1L)
Hike the Six Glacier Trail or to the Agnes Lake Tea House. In the evening, relax in a hot spring.
Day 14 Banff National Park/Calgary (1B, 1L)
Discover the town, view wildlife, take a gondola ride or hike a mountain for spectacular views. Check out Calgary on a short orientation drive.
Day 15 Calgary
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now