Explore the ruins of Chichén Itzá and Palenque, get lost wandering colonial San Cristobal de las Casas and Antigua, marvel at Agua Azul and Misol-Ha waterfalls, bargain at colourful local markets
Special Offers and Promotions
Leave the resorts of Cancún behind and embark on an authentic adventure that will take you from spectacular Mayan ruins over the cobblestoned streets of colonial towns and deep into the jungle of Mexico. Explore the ancient ruins at Chichén Itzá and Palenque and meet the descendants of those who built them in the vibrant streets and colourful markets of picturesque Mayan towns. Get your camera out—you're going to need it!
- Chichén Itzá guided tour. Mérida orientation walk. Palenque guided tour. Agua Azul and Misol-Ha waterfalls visit. San Cristóbal de las Casas orientation walk. Lake Atitlán boat tour including local lunch at a Planeterra-supported Mayan community project. Antigua orientation walk.
- 1 lunch. (Allow USD280-390 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (9 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts).
- Public bus, private van, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Cancún
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Chichén Itzá/Mérida
Guided tour of Chichén Itzá and orientation walk around Mérida. Option to visit ruins of Uxmal or visit three cenotes (underground pools) in the nearby town of Cuzamá.
Day 4-5 Palenque
Guided tour of Mayan ruins of Palenque. Option to explore the surrounding jungle on a guided hike. Spend two nights in a jungle lodge in the nearby national park.
Day 6-7 San Cristóbal de las Casas
En route, visit the Agua Azul and Misol-Ha waterfalls, then take an orientation walk in San Cristóbal de las Casas. Opt to visit nearby indigenous Mayan villages to see unique day-to-day life or journey to beautiful Sumidero Canyon for a relaxing boat ride.
Day 8-9 Panajachel (1L)
Head to Guatemala. Boat tour around Lake Atitlán to local indigenous villages including a local lunch at a Planeterra-supported Mayan community project. Opt to go paragliding or visit the Chichicastenango Sunday market.
Day 10-11 Antigua
Orientation walk around Antigua. Choose to explore Antigua on a city tour, take salsa dancing classes or relax with a massage.
Day 12 Antigua
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now