Walk along cobblestones in gorgeous colonial Antigua, overnight in a local homestay, experience the vibrant colours of markets, relax to Caye Caulker sunsets and reggae music, bliss out on white-sand beaches, explore ancient Mayan sites.
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 10%Select Departures Oct 01 - Dec 23Expires in 22 daysPromo Code DSCAM714
Trek though jungle backdrops to Mayan ruins and chill out on white-sand beaches under the Caribbean sun. Check out Mexico, Belize and Guatemala and experience the region’s diversity. Wander colonial Antigua’s cobblestone streets and shop for treasures before experiencing the natural beauty of Lake Atitlán, its indigenous Mayan villages and striking volcanoes. Snap a picture and impress the folks. One of our most popular trips, this adventure offers natural wonders, excitement and culture with enough time to socialize and do your own thing.
- Orientation walk in Antigua. Planeterra-supported homestay at Lake Atitlan, with a local family. Group salsa dancing lesson. Guided tour of Tikal. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 1 dinner. (Allow USD350-450 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (12 nts), local homestay (1nt), rustic ecolodge (2nts).
- Public bus, boat, van, taxi, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Antigua
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Antigua
Explore this colonial city on an orientation walk. Relax with a massage, and soak up the culture in one of many cafes.
Day 3-4 Panajachel/Lake Atitlán homestay (1D)
Travel to beautiful Lake Atitlán. Embark on a boat ride across the lake before participating in a Planeterra-supported homestay with a local family at a Planeterra project. Bargain for beautiful souvenirs at the lake's many villages.
Day 5 Antigua
Enjoy an included group salsa dancing lesson and practice your fancy footwork on a night out in Antigua.
Day 6-7 Río Dulce
Opt to visit the coastal town of Livingston by boat, or go for a swim in a natural hot waterfall.
Day 8 Flores
Head north to the quiant town of Flores.
Day 9-10 San Ignacio
Learn about Mayan culture and history on a guided tour of Tikal before crossing into Belize. Visit sacred Mayan cave Actun Tunichil Muknal, or check out the seldom-visited Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 11-13 Caye Caulker
Free time to snorkel with stingrays and nurse sharks at Hol Chan Marine Reserve, go diving or just chill out, Belizean style.
Day 14-15 Playa del Carmen
Opt to explore the Mayan ruins of Tulúm or just play in the waves and enjoy the beach!
Day 16 Playa del Carmen
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now