Spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park, gaze out across Victoria Falls, observe wildlife from a 4x4 in Matobo National Park, witness Shangaan dancing, discover the less-visited Zimbabwe.
When it comes to raw, in-your-face wildness, southern Africa can’t be topped. This trip offers a fully immersive, unyieldingly authentic experience of the natural and cultural wonders of this incredible region. In Zimbabwe’s Matobo National Park, you’ll track rhinos on foot and the resident wildlife on an open-vehicle game drive, capture the Big Five (with your camera, of course) in South Africa’s Kruger National Park and witness the unique traditional dances of the Shangaan people. This isn’t a taste of Africa; it’s a full-course meal—with seconds.
- Guided rhino walk and open vehicle game drive in Matobo National Park. Kruger National Park entrance with game drives in our overland vehicle. Traditional Shangaan dinner and dance. Visit to a Planeterra-supported community school. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow USD40-55 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Participation camping (6 nts), simple hotel (1 nt).
- Overland truck, walking, 4x4 open safari vehicle.
- 2 Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 22, avg 18.
- South Africa
Day 1 Livingstone
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Bulawayo (2B,2L,2D)
Walk with rhinos and enjoy an open vehicle game drive in Matobo NP.
Day 4-6 Greater Kruger Area/Kruger National Park (3B,3L,3D)
Relax in a warm water spring pool then view and photograph wildlife. Experience a traditional Shangaan dinner and dance.
Day 7 Johannesburg (1B,1L)
Visit to a community school supported by Planeterra, and interact with the villagers.
Day 8 Johannesburg (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now