Inland & Amazon
Wander Quito and colonial cities, soak in Andean hot springs, feel like a local at a Quichua homestay, search for wildlife in the Amazon and adventure in Baños, shop at the Otavalo market, stay in a gorgeous historic hacienda
From the heights of the Andes to the heat of the Amazon Rainforest, experience an incredible land of contrasts on this 16-day journey through Ecuador. Explore the jungle by canoe and stay with a local Quichua family for an extraordinary cultural experience you'll never forget. Scour the market at Otavalo for special treasures and cure what ails you in a mountain hot spring. With its unique variety of accommodation and insight into rural life in the jungle, this is more than just a tour—it's a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
- Papallacta Hot Springs stay. Amazon Jungle homestay (2 nts). Amazon Jungle lodge stay with guided walks and wildlife-spotting (2 nts). Baños stay. Historic hacienda overnight stay. Otavalo visit.
- 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD240-315 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (9 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts), simple village cabañas (2 nts, multi-share), historic mountain hacienda (2 nts).
- Public bus, plane, taxis, motorized canoe, 4x4 vehicles, pickup truck.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Papallacta Hot Springs (B)
Travel by public bus to Papallacta Hot Springs and opt for a relaxing afternoon at the hot springs.
Days 3-4 Amazon Homestay (1B,1L,2D)
Travel by bus into the Amazon Jungle. Spend two nights with a local Quichua family at a homestay in a small village.
Days 5-6 Jungle Lodge (2B,2L,2D)
Journey further into the Amazon to a jungle lodge. Included guided walks and canoe rides to learn about the natural history and to spot wildlife. Optional whitewater rafting excursion on the Napo River.
Days 7-8 Baños (1B)
Continue by bus to Baños. Numerous outdoor optional activities available like hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking, or soaking in the hot springs.
Days 9-11 Cuenca/Quito
Bus ride south to the colonial city of Cuenca. Optional day trips to Cajas National Park or to the Inca ruins of Ingapirca. Fly back to Quito.
Days 12-13 Cayambe
Travel by bus to Cayambe. Spend a night at a 400-year-old hacienda at the base of a volcano. Optional hike to the volcano's glacier.
Days 14-15 Otavalo/Quito
Visit Otavalo and the famous handicrafts market. Return by bus to Quito in the afternoon.
Day 16 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time. We recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully explore this charming city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now