Float down the mighty Mekong River, explore the bustling streets of Hanoi, sail a junk through Halong Bay, shop in Hoi An, experience magnificent Angkor Wat.
From the vibrant cityscape of Bangkok to Halong Bay's magnificent limestone karsts, this trip encompasses the highlights of Indochina. Marvel at the wonders of Angkor Wat, sail the Mekong and savour noodles in Chiang Mai. Shop for souvenirs in Ho Chi Minh City and join the locals sipping coffee at a lakeside cafe in Hanoi. With hotels, transport and a number of included activities arranged by our CEOs, this adventure offers up the perfect combination of must-see highlights and free time.
- Bangkok klong trip. Wat Po entrance and guide. Doi Suthep entrance (Chiang Mai). Pak Ou caves entrance. Traditional Arts & Ethnology Museum guided tour (Luang Prabang). Kuang Si waterfalls trek (half-day). Laotian homestay experience. Water puppets performance (Hanoi). Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum entrance (when open). Halong Bay caves entrance. Halong Bay boat cruise with seafood lunch and dinner. Imperial Citadel and Tomb entrance (Hue). Cu Chi Tunnels entrance and tour (Ho Chi Minh City). Mekong Delta day trip. Cyclo tour (Phnom Penh). Tuol Sleng and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) entrance and guide. Angkor Wat complex entry and guide, including sunrise tour (Siem Reap). Local Khmer dinner in nearby village either at the Planeterra-supported New Hope project or with a local family (depends on departure).
- 24 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD600-800 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (24 nts), village homestay (1 nt), sleeper train (2 nts), junk boat (1 nt).
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, plane, walking, songthaew, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (1B)
Guided klong tour, arriving at Wat Po temple. Option to visit the Grand Palace or National Museum. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Bangkok during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Guided tour of Doi Suthep temple. When possible, watch the chanting monks. Optional bike tour of Chiang Mai, cooking lessons, city walking tour and visit to nearby temples.
Day 4 Chiang Khong
Head to Chiang Khong via Wat Rong Khun and enjoy the first view of the mighty Mekong.
Day 5 Mekong River
Cross into Laos. Travel all day by boat down the Mekong. Relax and watch the world go by, traditional village visit. Town and local market walk in Pakbeng.
Days 6-8 Luang Prabang (3B,1D)
Guided tours of Pak Ou caves, Kuang Si waterfalls and the Ethnology Museum. Opt for a bike trip, elephant trek, cooking class, shopping at the night market or exploring the town.
Days 9-10 Homestay/Vang Vieng (2B,1D)
Spend the night in a local village with traditional Laotian food. Sleep and eat like a local with a guide explaining everything along the way. On Day 10, drive to the picturesque town of Vang Vieng, ideal for exploring the countryside by bicycle or kayak.
Day 11 Vientiane (1B)
Opt for a city walking tour and visit to temples, the National Museum, That Luang and morning markets.
Days 12-13 Hanoi (2B)
Morning flight to Vietnam, Hanoi on Day 12. Enjoy the water puppets show, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house. Option to visit Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo Prison, museums and the Old Quarter.
Days 14-15 Halong Bay/Hanoi (2B,2L,1D)
Overnight cruise around Halong Bay, included seafood lunch and dinner. Visit caves and swim. Optional kayaking around Halong Bay. Overnight train to Hue on Day 15.
Day 16 Hue
Guided tour of Imperial Citadel and Royal Tombs. Optional guided countryside motorbike tour.
Days 17-19 Hoi An (3B)
Explore this historic city and opt to take a cooking class, a boat cruise or visit the famous local tailor shops.
Days 20-21 Ho Chi Minh City (2B)
Flight to Ho Chi Minh City on Day 20. Guided tour of Cu Chi tunnels. Optional visit to the War Remnants Museum, Ben Thahn market and the Colonial Quarter.
Day 22 Mekong Delta Day Trip (B)
Guided day trip to Mekong Delta, boat cruise and visit to traditional candy-making factories.
Days 23-24 Phnom Penh (2B)
Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh on Day 23. Guided tour of Tuol Sleng Prison and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields). Option to visit the National Museum and Royal Palace, go shopping at the Central or Russian Market. See the city at street level with a cyclo tour.
Days 25-27 Siem Reap/Angkor Wat (3B, 1D)
Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Optional visit to Tonle Sap floating village and Angkor National Museum. Enjoy a traditional meal of Khmer food either at the Planeterra-supported New Hope project or in a local home.
Day 28 Bangkok (1B)
Travel day. Border crossing into Thailand.
Day 29 Bangkok (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now