Gliding through the canals of Bangkok, floating down the mighty Mekong, visiting majestic caves and stunning limestone karsts, exploring the bustling streets of Hanoi, sailing a junk through Halong Bay, shopping in Hoi An, exploring the Cu Chi tunnels, taking in magnificent Angkor Wat.
Special Offers and Promotions
From the vibrant cityscape of Bangkok to Halong Bay's magnificent limestone karsts, this trip encompasses the highlights of Indochina. Marvel at the wonders of Angkor Wat, sail the Mekong and savour noodles in Chiang Mai. Shop for souvenirs in Ho Chi Minh City and join the locals sipping coffee at a lakeside cafe in Hanoi. With hotels, transport and a number of included activities arranged by our CEOs, this adventure offers up the perfect combination of must-see highlights and free time.
- Bangkok Klong trip, Entrance and guide to Wat Po, Entrance to Doi Suthep, Entrance to Pak Ou caves, Guided tour Traditional Arts & Ethnology Museum (Luang Prabang), Kuang Si Falls trek (half day), Traditional local Lao homestay experience, Water puppets performance, Entrance to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (seasonal), Halong Bay caves entrance, Halong Bay boat cruise with seafood lunch and dinner, Entrance to Imperial Citadel and tomb, Cu Chi Tunnels entrance, Mekong Delta Day Trip, Phnom Penh cyclo tour, Entry and guide to Tuol Sleng and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields), Entry and guide to Angkor Wat complex including Sunrise Tour.
- 20 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD600-800 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (24 nts), village homestay (1 nt), sleeper train (2 nts), junk boat (1 nt).
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, plane, walking, songthaew, tuk tuk, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (B)
Guided longtail boat klong tour, arriving at Wat Po temple. Option to visit the Grand Palace or National Museum. Overnight train to Chiang Mai (flight and extra night in Bangkok during monsoon season, depending on conditions).
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Guided tour of Doi Suthep temple, hopefully we will have a chance to watch the chanting of the monks. Optional bike tour of Chiang Mai, cooking lessons, city walking tour and visit to nearby temples.
Day 4 Chiang Khong
Head to Chiang Khong via Wat Rong Khun and enjoy your first view of the mighty Mekong.
Day 5 Mekong River
Cross into Laos. Travel all day by boat down the Mekong. Relax and watch the world go by, traditional village visit. Town and local market walk in Pakbeng.
Days 6-8 Luang Prabang (3B,1D)
Guided tours of Pak Ou caves, Kuang Si Waterfalls, visit Ethnology Museum. Optional biking trips, elephant treks, cooking classes, shopping in night market, explore the town.
Days 9-10 Homestay/Vang Vieng (1B,1D)
Spend the night in a local village enjoying traditional Laotian food. Sleep and eat like a local with your guide explaining everything along the way. On Day 10 drive to the picturesque town of Vang Vieng. Surrounded by limestone karsts, Vang Vieng is ideal for exploring the countryside by bicycle.
Day 11 Vientiane
Optional city walking tour, temples, National Museum, That Luang, morning markets.
Days 12-13 Hanoi (2B)
Morning flight to Hanoi on Day 12. Water Puppets Show, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house. Option to visit Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo Prison, museums and the Old Quarter.
Days 14-15 Halong Bay/Hanoi (2B,2L,1D)
Overnight cruise around Halong Bay, included seafood lunch and dinner. Visit caves, swim. Optional kayaking around Halong Bay. Overnight train to Hue on Day 15.
Day 16 Hue
Guided tour of Imperial Citadel and Royal Tombs. Optional guided countryside motorbike tour.
Days 17-19 Hoi An (3B)
Explore this picturesque historic city enjoy the option of going to a cooking school, taking a boat cruise or visiting the famous local tailor shops.
Days 20-21 Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Flight to Ho Chi Minh City on Day 20. Guided tour of Cu Chi tunnels. Optional War Remnants museum, Ben Thahn market, Colonial Quarter visit.
Day 22 Mekong Delta Day Trip (B)
Guided day trip to Mekong Delta, boat cruise and visit to traditional candy-making factories.
Days 23-24 Phnom Penh (2B)
Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh on Day 23. Guided tour of Tuol Sleng Prison and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields). Option to visit the National Museum and Royal Palace, go shopping at the Central or Russian Market.
Days 25-27 Siem Reap/Angkor Wat (2B)
Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Optional visit to Tonle Sap floating village, Angkor National Museum.
Day 28 Bangkok (B)
Travel day. Border crossing into Thailand.
Day 29 Bangkok (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now