In The Shadow Of Machu Picchu
Big on comfort for those short on time, this journey offers an intriguing combination of natural wonders and local cultures. Whether you’re scanning the canopy for wildlife from the comfort of our intimate and exclusive G Lodge Amazon, embracing cultures past and present in the former Inca capital of Cuzco or choosing to hike the Inca Trail or catch the scenic train, this is the once-in-a-lifetime adventure for you! Because we run our own treks, we can ensure the fair treatment of our porters and the quality of food and equipment so that you’re free to enjoy the the majesty of Machu Picchu.
- Arrival transfer, 3-day excursion to G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (2 nights), Sacred Valley tour, 4-day Inca Trail with local guide, cook and porters or Cuzco stay with scenic train, Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners. (Allow USD100-160 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (4 nts), G Lodge Amazon (2 nts), camping (3 nts).
- Private van, plane, train, boat, canoe.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on hike, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10
Inca Trail Advisory
Read our information page about the regulations and booking procedures for the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, or learn about the annual Inca Trail Closure in February. Are you hiking Lares? View the Lares Trek route information.
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Days 2-3 Amazon Rainforest (2B,2L,2D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by motorized canoe to our comfortable, intimate and exclusive G Lodge Amazon. Enjoy guided excursions by expert naturalists to spot wildlife at nearby oxbow lakes, clay licks and tree-top towers. Included rubber boots while at the lodge.
Day 4 Cuzco (1B)
Travel by boat out of the jungle to Puerto Maldonado for the flight over the Andes and into the heart of Inca territory, Cuzco. Enjoy free time to explore the city.
Day 5 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo (1B,1L)
Full day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra weaving project in a local community.
Days 6-9 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu/Cuzco (4B,3L,3D)
Embark on a 4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Not interested in hiking? No problem, enjoy two free days in Cuzco, then catch the scenic train to Aguas Calientes, our base for visiting Machu Picchu. Both options return to Cuzco on Day 9.
Day 10 Cuzco (1B)
Departure day, depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now