Essential Vietnam & Cambodia
Sail on a junk boat through Halong Bay, sip iced coffee in Ho Chi Minh City, float through the Mekong Delta, enjoy sunrise over breathtaking Angkor Wat
A wide-ranging adventure showcasing the region’s natural wonders and fascinating cultures, this 17-day trip offers a combination of guided excursions and free time to explore beaches and ruins, urban culture, and awe-inspiring landscapes. Cruise the Mekong for a day and overnight on a traditional sailing junk in Halong Bay. Witness the heights of Cambodia's past at Angkor Wat, and contemplate its lows by walking the infamous Killing Fields. Although many activities are included, there is still plenty of time to explore on your own and create the ultimate adventure.
- Halong Bay caves entrance. Halong Bay boat cruise with seafood lunch and dinner. Imperial Citadel and Tomb entrance (Hue). Cu Chi Tunnels entrance and tour (Ho Chi Minh City). Mekong Delta day trip. Cyclo tour (Phnom Penh). Tuol Sleng and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) entrance and guide. Angkor Wat complex entry and guide, including sunrise tour (Siem Reap). Local Khmer dinner in nearby village either at the Planeterra-supported New Hope project or with a local family (depends on departure). Internal flight.
- 15 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinner. (Allow USD325-375 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (14 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), junk boat (1 nt).
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, plane, walking, cyclo, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Hanoi
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Halong Bay/Hanoi (2B,1L,1D)
Travel to Halong Bay for a cruise amongst the karsts to explore magnificent caves. Enjoy a seafood lunch and dinner. Take an overnight train to Hue on Day 3.
Day 4 Hue
Guided tour of Imperial Citadel, Royal Tomb and Tien Mu Pagoda. Optional countryside motorbike tour.
Days 5-7 Hoi An (3B)
Travel to Hoi An, passing through the Hai Van pass (weather permitting) which offers fantastic views. Opt for a cooking class, riverboat trip, bike riding or a trip to the beach. Get some clothes made at the famous tailor shops or visit My Son ruins.
Days 8-9 Ho Chi Minh City (2B)
Flight from Da Nang (Hoi An) to Ho Chi Minh City on Day 8. Guided tour of the Cu Chi tunnels. Option to visit the War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace or Ben Thanh market.
Day 10 Mekong Delta Day Trip (B)
Guided day trip to Mekong Delta, boat cruise, and visit to traditional candy factories.
Days 11-12 Phnom Penh (2B)
Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh on Day 11. Guided tour of Tuol Sleng Prison and Choeung Ek (Killing Fields). Enjoy a cyclo tour of the colonial district. Option to visit the National Museum and Royal Palace or shop at the Central or Russian markets.
Days 13-15 Siem Reap (3B, 1D)
Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Optional visit to Tonle Sap floating village and Angkor National Museum. Enjoy a traditional meal of Khmer food either at the Planeterra-supported New Hope project or in a local home in villages outside the city.
Day 16 Bangkok (B)
Cross into Thailand on this travel day. Spend an evening exploring Bangkok.
Day 17 Bangkok (B)
Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience this lively city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now