Learn to surf in Byron Bay with a local expert, sail the Sydney harbour in a racing yacht, relax on a full-day Whitsunday Islands cruise, learn firsthand about Aboriginal culture and history in the Daintree Rainforest
This comfort-minded journey up Australia’s eastern shore delivers the wonders of the region to you in fine style. Using a diverse range of transport—trains, yachts, surfboards—and resort-style lodgings, you’ll sample world-class wines, wander through rainforests and even learn how to catch a few waves (and a few fish). Plus, we keep your group size intentionally small so it feels less like travelling with a herd and more like exploring with great new friends.
- Sydney harbour yacht ride. Sydney orientation walk. Included surfing lessons with a local (Byron Bay). Yoga lesson. Full-day Whitsunday Islands sailing trip. Scenic train journey to Cairns. Aboriginal dreamtime walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches. (Allow AUD300-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (5 nts), beach resort/hotels (4 nts).
- Private bus/van, plane, local bus, ferry, yacht, train, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Sydney
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Sydney (1B,1L)
Explore Sydney with a walk along the harbour to the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Rocks area. Have an early lunch before boarding a sleek former Americas Cup racing yacht for a 2 ½ hour sail on one of the world’s finest harbours.
Day 3-4 Byron Bay (2B)
Fly to the famous surf and arts town of Byron. On Day 4 meet a local surf legend, learn about the culture of surfing in the area and try it yourself. After, stretch out with an introductory yoga class. Enjoy free time for optional sea kayaking, whale-watching or just relax at the beach.
Day 5-6 Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands (1B,1L)
Travel to Brisbane and catch a flight, transferring to our beach resort for 2 nights. Enjoy free time to relax in a tropical paradise. On Day 6, embark on a full-day yacht excursion, sailing around the Whitsunday's with included lunch, snacks, snorkel and visit to Whitehaven beach.
Day 7 Cairns
An early start to the station for a relaxing and very scenic train journey to Cairns.
Day 8-9 Port Douglas (2B,1L)
Travel up the stunning coastal road, stop to meet local Aboriginals and go on an interpretive walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge. Learn about traditional ways of life and survival techniques during a Dreamtime Walk. On Day 9, opt to take a Great Barrier Reef snorkelling trip.
Day 10 Cairns (1B)
Travel back to Cairns. Tour ends at 11:00am. Feel free to book onward travel after 3:00pm.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now