Experience the culture of Cape Town, spot wildlife on game drives in Etosha National Park, cruise the Okavango Delta in a dug-out canoe, meet the San Bushmen, marvel at Fish River Canyon and Victoria Falls.
If you want to soak up the colours, culture and scenery of this incredible region, this is the ultimate expedition to southwestern Africa. Experience game drives, leave footprints on the world's highest sand dunes, wonder at the majesty of Victoria Falls and canoe game-rich deltas. Our overland trucks are an adventurous and inexpensive way to see the highlights while wilderness camping will bring you closer to the region’s wildlife—drift off to sleep to the call of cranes and awake to the rustle of elephants grazing on nearby riverbanks.
- Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei Dunes and Waterberg Plateau Game Park entrances. Etosha National Park entrance with game drives. Guided township tour (Swakopmund). Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 19 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 14 dinners. (Allow USD110-145 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Simple hotels (2 nts), participation camping (15 nts), guesthouses (2 nts, multi-share), basic bush camp (1 nt).
- Overland truck, walking, mokoro.
- 2 Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) throughout as head guide/cook and driver.
- Small group experience; Max 22, avg 18.
- South Africa
This trip also runs in reverse from Livingstone to Cape Town. See Dunes, Deltas and Falls
Day 1 Cape Town
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Cederberg/Gariep River (2B,2L,2D)
View dramatic Western Cape scenery, camp on a local farm, and buy some of the local wine to sample. Opt to canoe on or jump into the Gariep River.
Day 4-6 Fish River Canyon/Namib Desert (3B,3L,3D)
Watch the sunset at Fish River Canyon. Explore Sossusvlei dunes and climb the breathtaking Dune 45.
Day 7-8 Swakopmund (1B,1L)
Meet our local friends and explore the back streets and local culture on a guided interpretive walk. Choose between exploring Swakopmund’s historic town, sand boarding, skydiving, or going on a dolphin cruise as optional activities.
Day 9-11 Damarland/Etosha National Park (3B,3L,3D)
Game drives in our overland vehicle.
Day 12-13 Waterberg Plateau National Park/Windhoek (2B,1L,1D)
Scenic walk on the Waterberg Plateau.
Day 14-15 Kalahari/Maun (2B,2L,2D)
Visit the Kalahari Desert and meet the local San Bushmen. Optional walk to learn survival skills from the locals.
Day 16 Okavango Delta (1B,1L,1D)
Enjoy a game walk, traditional mokoro (dug-out canoe) excursions and birding. Learn the ways of the bush from local polers and sing and dance around the campfire with them at night.
Day 17-18 Gweta/Chobe River (2B,2L,2D)
Camp under ancient baobab trees. Opt to embark on a wildlife-spotting boat cruise on the Chobe River or take a game drive in an open safari vehicle in Chobe National Park.
Day 19-20 Livingstone (2B,1L)
Ferry crossing into Zambia. Opt to visit Victoria Falls, enjoy whitewater rafting, go canoeing, or fly over the falls.
Day 21 Livingstone (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now