Experience the past at Takayama's folk village and Kyoto's historic centre, explore Kanazawa Castle, lose yourself in the picturesque Kenroku-en Garden and the 'Ninja' Temple, marvel at iconic Mt Fuji and Miyajima's floating Torii Gate
Special Offers and Promotions
China, Japan and the Asia Pacific region are filled with hidden gems just waiting to be explored. Now is your chance to experience it all for yourself with 15% off on select trips and departures when booked by December 12, 2013.
Please quote promo code DSCJAP5813 when making your booking. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts and are subject to availability.
From the towers and gadgets of Tokyo to the serenity of sacred shrines and the soaring beauty of Mt Fuji, this trip provides the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace. Linger in the gardens of Kyoto, shoot through the mountain air on a Shinkansen bullet train and stay in a traditional ryokan for the ultimate in Japanese luxury.
- Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama). Kanazawa Castle and Kenroku-en garden visit. Samurai and geisha districts visit. Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit. Miyajima excursion with floating Torii Gate visit. Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto). Kinaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit. Daisen-in Temple and Zen garden visit. Mt Fuji hike (except winter). Kaiseki dinner. Japan Rail (JR) pass (14-day).
- 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner. (Allow USD420-600 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (9 nts), traditional inns and onsen spas (4 nts).
- Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Day 1 Tokyo
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Takayama
Visit Hida No Sato traditional folk village, sake breweries and craft shops.
Days 4-5 Kanazawa
Visit well-preserved samurai and geisha districts and one of Japan's top gardens and original castles. Get lost in the Ninja Temple.
Days 6-7 Hiroshima
Visit the Peace Park and Museum and take a ferry ride over to the sacred island of Miyajima to see the famous floating Torii Gate.
Days 8-10 Kyoto
Visit the impressive Nijo Castle and gardens, the famous Kinaku-ji Golden Pavilion and Daisen-in's Zen rock garden.
Days 11-12 Mt Fuji Region/Kawaguchiko (2B,1D)
Included visit to Mt Fuji (except in winter) and optional walks around Kawaguchiko Lake. Enjoy an amazing multi-course Japanese kaiseki dinner.
Day 13 Tokyo
Free time to explore Tokyo and do some last-minute shopping.
Day 14 Tokyo
Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now