Spot wildlife while cruising through the canals of Tortuguero, search for the elusive quetzal bird, hike through the cloud forest, enjoy the gorgeous beaches of the Pacific and Caribbean coasts, savour a local lunch at a Planeterra- and MIF-supported coffee plantation
If you’re looking for a taste of Costa Rica’s world-class highlights but want to keep things spicy with a sampling of hidden treasures, this action-packed adventure tops the menu. In spite of its small size, Costa Rica is one of the most biologically diverse countries in the world—explore its volcanoes, wildlife, rainforests and beaches. This adventure offers a great balance of guided excursions and free time. Optional activities abound—choose to get your adrenaline pumping or take it easy with a stroll through a butterfly garden.
- Beach time in Puerto Viejo. Boat ride to Tortuguero. Nature trail walk with swim (Sarapiquí). Jungle lodge stay. Planeterra-supported coffee cooperative tour and local lunch. Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve guided tour (Monteverde). Beach time in Manuel Antonio. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD430-565 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (13 nts), Jungle lodge (2 nts, multi-share).
- Public bus, tractor, private van, boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
- Costa Rica
Day 1 San José
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Option to snorkel in the Caribbean or hike in Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge.
Days 4-5 Tortuguero (2B, 2L, 2D)
Take a boat ride to Tortuguero. Opt to visit the seasonal nesting grounds of the green and leatherback turtles at night (when in season) and tour the canals on a guided tour by day.
Days 6-7 Sarapiquí Rainforest (2B,1L,2D)
Guided nature trail walk through primary rainforest, swim in a pristine river surrounded by nature, then experience the remoteness of an old hacienda at night. Optional horseback ride. Enjoy an included visit to a Planeterra- and MIF-supported coffee cooperative with local lunch.
Days 8-10 La Fortuna/Arenal (1B, 1L)
Activities abound including rafting, waterfall rappelling and relaxing in local hot springs.
Days 11-12 Monteverde
Guided tour of Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. Opt to fly across the forest canopy on ziplines or visit the frog pond.
Days 13-14 Quepos/Manuel Antonio
Option to visit Manuel Antonio National Park, try mangrove kayaking or enjoy a dolphin-spotting sunset sail in this lively beach town.
Day 15 San José
Transfer to San José for one final evening with the group.
Day 16 San José
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now