Explore Beijing's Forbidden City and hutongs, walk the Great Wall, trek through rice terraces, cycle old city walls and rural villages, watch kung fu monks
Explore a side of China you never knew existed on this eye-opening multi-activity adventure. Using rural roads that wind through tiny villages and past seemingly endless rice fields, you’ll get a full dose of this land’s truly incredible history, culture, and geography. On two wheels or on foot, you’ll tour the imperial tombs and palaces of the walled city of Xi’an, study curious limestome karst formations, navigate the busy streets of Beijing and relax, secure in the knowledge that your downtime is rightly earned.
- Entrance to the Great Wall and trek. Entrance and guided tour of the Forbidden City. Beijing hutong bicycle tour. Biking on the ancient city wall. Shaolin Monastery. Yangshuo cycling. Longsheng village to village trekking. Yangshuo and Hong Kong orientation walks.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch. (Allow USD275 - 375 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (8 nts), simple guesthouses (2 nts), homestay (1 nt), sleeper train (3 nts).
- Train, local bus, plane, bicycle, walking.
- English-speaking Chinese Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
- Hong Kong
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-4 Beijing/Great Wall Trek (1B)
Guided tour of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Included entrance to the Great Wall and trek. Included bicycle tour through the historic Beijing hutongs. Overnight in a local farmer's home and take an overnight sleeper train to Luoyang on Day 4.
Day 5-6 Shaolin/Longmen Caves
Travel by train with a late morning arrival. Visit the Shaolin Temple, the home of Kung Fu and later we visit Longmen caves before boarding a high Speed train to Xi'an.
Days 7-8 Xi'an
Explore China's long ago capital and terminus of the Silk Road. Cycle the ancient city walls and discover the Muslim Quarter. Fly to Guilin and transfer to Yangshuo.
Days 9-10 Yangshuo (1L)
Orientation walk around Yangshuo, guided bicycle ride through the countryside of Yangshuo and climb Moon Hill. Options to experience a local cooking school, practice tai chi or see the Light and Sound show produced by Zhang Yimou.
Days 11-13 Longsheng/Guilin
Village to village trekking along rice terraces. Overnight train to Shenzhen/Hong Kong on Day 13.
Day 14 Hong Kong
Cross the border to Hong Kong. Enjoy free time exploring this vibrant and exotic city. Options to hike up to the peak, wander around Stanley Market or jump on the famous Star Ferry and explore one of the nearby islands.
Day 15 Hong Kong
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now