Marvel at Fish River Canyon, explore giant sand dunes and Victoria Falls, track the Big Five, take game walks and dug-out canoe rides
This 18-day journey through four African countries hits the highlights and is perfect for the adventurer who wants to discover the region’s diversity. Explore the Okavango Delta by dug-out mokoro canoe, marvel at the highest sand dunes in the world in the Namib Desert and meet the San Bushmen of the Kalahari. Your knowledgeable CEO will take care of the hassles and planning while you recharge in hotels, bushmen huts, camps and farm stays for a once-in-a-lifetime cultural experience you'll forever treasure.
- Fish River Canyon entrance. Sossusvlei Dunes and Sesriem Canyon entrance. Swakopmund stay. Etosha National Park entrance and game drives. Kalahari Desert visit. Okavango Delta excursion with entrance, game walks and mokoro trips. Maun sunset boat cruise. Bird-watching guided walk. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners. (Allow USD425-500 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Hotels (4 nts), guesthouses (1 nt), lodges (5 nts), basic camping (1 nt), participating camping (5 nts), bushmen hut (1 nt).
- Air-con touring vehicle, walking, mokoros.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO)/driver throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 18, avg 14
- South Africa
Day 1 Cape Town
Arrive at any time. We highly recommend booking pre-accommodation to fully enjoy this city.
Day 2-4 Lambert's Bay/Gariep River/Fish River Canyon (3B)
Relax, swim or take a ride in a canoe at the Gariep River. Enjoy the beauty of the Fish River Canyon.
Day 5-6 Namib Desert (2B, 2D)
Option to climb up breathtaking Dune 45. Visit to Sossusvlei Dunes and Sesriem Canyon.
Day 7-8 Swakopmund (1B)
Explore the historical town of Swakopmund. Optional activities include sand boarding, a dolphin cruise, sky diving, quad biking and a Living Desert tour.
Day 9-10 Etosha National Park
Game drive in our own touring vehicle. Option to go on an open safari vehicle game drive.
Day 11-12 Windhoek/Kalahari (Ghanzi) (2B)
Explore Windhoek and visit the Kalahari Desert. Learn fascinating survival skills by the local San Bushmen on an optional walk and choose to enjoy a traditional bushmen dancing in the evening.
Day 13-14 Maun/Okavango Delta (2B, 1L, 1D)
Prepare for a 1-night/2-day journey into the delta. Enjoy game walks, traditional mokoro excursions, birding and a sunset boat cruise in Maun. Learn the ways of the bush from the local polers. Opt to take a scenic flight over the delta.
Day 15 Nata Area (1B, 1D)
Option for a sunset visit to the salt pans of Makgadikgadi in dry season. Watch the elephants drink from the camp's watering hole at night.
Day 16 Chobe Area (1B)
Opt to embark on a sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River or on an open safari vehicle game drive.
Day 17 Livingstone (1B)
Ferry crossing into Zambia. Visit Victoria Falls, enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing, elephant-back safari or fly over the falls.
Day 18 Livingstone
Depart at any time. There's loads to do in Livingstone. Book post-accommodation and visit our local G help desk at the Livingstone hotel for info and to book optional activities.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now