Explore cosmopolitan cities, uncover ancient capitals and charming rural villages, hike the beautiful hills dotted with Longji rice terraces, marvel at the Terracotta Warriors, stand in awe on the Great Wall.
For ambitious travellers on a tight budget who are after an experience full of the very best this country has to offer, this tour showcases the scenic wonders without missing its most famous cities and sites. Walk back in time along the Great Wall then see the future in Shanghai. Our CEOs will help you dig deeper into the very best of China. Offering a great deal of flexibility, our optional activities allow you to go beyond the highlights.
- Excursion to the Great Wall. Half-day hike through the Longji Terraces. Orientation walks in Shanghai and Xi'an. Visit Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- (Allow USD270-360 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (13 nts), sleeper train (4 nts, 6-berth train)
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, boat, walking
- English-speaking Chinese Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Add to your Experience
- Hong Kong
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-4 Beijing
Visit the Great Wall of China. Enjoy an orientation walk. Options include exploring Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City or the Temple of Heaven. Overnight train to Xi'an.
Day 5-7 Xi'an
Orientation walk. Opt to visit one of China’s greatest archaeological treasures—the Terracotta Warriors—or cycle the ancient city walls. Board an overnight train to Shanghai.
Day 8-10 Shanghai
Free time to explore this vibrant and exotic city after an orientation walk. Options include a visit to the world-famous Shanghai Museum or witnessing the breathtaking Chinese acrobats. Overnight train on Day 10.
Day 11-12 Longji Terraces
Transfer to the breathtakingly beautiful Longji Terraces area. Enjoy an included half-day trek along the hills and terraces to Dazai.
Day 13-16 Yangshuo
Opt to cycle through the countryside of Yangshuo, experience a local cooking school, practice tai chi, or see the light and sound show on the river produced by Zhang Yimou. Overnight train on Day 16.
Day 17 Hong Kong
Cross the border into Hong Kong. Visit Victoria Harbour. Enjoy free time to explore this vibrant and exotic city.
Day 18 Hong Kong
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now