Sleep under the stars at a remote cattle station, zip over dunes in a 4x4 on a remote sand island, sail from island to island through the Whitsundays on a maxi yacht
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 20%Departure date Dec 02, 2014
You can get a sense of just how huge Australia is by looking at a map, but once you’re there, the vastness really hits home. For travellers long on ambition but short on time, this extensive and compact journey up the East Coast of Queensland is nothing short of ideal. Employing a diverse range of transport—yachts, trains, 4x4s and buses—you’ll visit Fraser Island and the Whitsundays, go snorkelling and camp out under the stars in an authentic Australian 'swag.' Your time here may not last long, but your memories will last forever.
- Private 4x4 excursion on Fraser Island. 3-day sailing excursion (Whitsunday Islands). Visit to Whitehaven Beach. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow AUD125-175 for meals not included)
- Hostels (4 nts), beachside permanent tented camp (2 nts), 'swag' (1 nt), maxi yacht (2 nts). All nights multi-share.
- Private bus, maxi yacht, boat, train, 4x4, ferry
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 20, avg 16
Please note that most accommodation in Australia is multi-share.
Day 1 Brisbane
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Fraser Island (2B,2L,2D)
Travel by private bus, private 4x4 and ferry to reach Fraser Island, the world's largest sand island. Settle into the group's exclusive permanent tented camp in the bush by the beach. Enjoy a little over a day's worth of exploring by 4x4 to hit all of the highlights.
Day 4 Cattle Station (1B,1D)
Visit a working cattle station. Bed down in a swag (canvas bedroll) under the Outback sky.
Day 5-6 Whitsunday Islands Sailing (2B,1L,2D)
Embark on a 3-day maxi yacht sailing adventure from Mackay to Airlie Beach through the Whitsundays, a unique route only used by G Adventures. Enjoy beach visits, island bush walks and time to snorkel the reefs. Anchor off of secluded tropical islands at night.
Day 7 Whitsundays/Whitehaven Beach/Airlie Beach (1B)
Hike to an island lookout over Whitehaven Beach, known for its stunning white sand, then enjoy free time on the famous beach. Sail to the resort town of Airlie Beach for a night of dancing.
Day 8-9 Cairns (1B)
Admire the scenery and rest on a full-day train ride through Queensland. Enjoy a free day to visit the Great Barrier Reef or get the adrenaline pumping by skydiving, whitewater rafting or bungee jumping.
Day 10 Cairns (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now