Trek along the Great Wall, take in ancient and modern China, stroll the historic canals of Suzhou, enjoy a night out at karaoke in modern Shanghai.
China can be intimidating, what with its Great Wall, Forbidden City and army of Terracotta Warriors. This 8-day trip will wipe away any worries—you'll have an expert CEO leading the way and you'll hit the highlights in the company of other young travellers. Get a mix of modern and historic with plenty of time to enjoy the nightlife. Best of all, you're in control—see the sights you like and skip the ones you don't—so it's an adventure you'll never forget.
- Excursion to the Great Wall. Orientation walks in Xi'an and Shanghai. Private karaoke session for the group in Shanghai. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- (Allow USD120-160 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels (5 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts).
- Train, local bus, walking.
- English-speaking Chinese Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Beijing
Step back in time with a visit to the Great Wall. Opt to check out the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Overnight train to Xi'an.
Day 4-5 Xi'an
Orientation walk through the Muslim Quarter, then opt to visit the Terracotta Warriors, cycle the ancient city walls or practice tai chi with the locals. Overnight train to Suzhou.
Day 6 Suzhou
Check out the historic canal town of Suzhou, the 'Venice of the East', rounded off with beautiful Chinese gardens to explore. Opt to take in a traditional Chinese performance complete with ancient costumes, folk singing and dancing.
Day 7 Shanghai
See the city on an orientation walk then enjoy free time to explore this metropolis. Let loose like the locals on the final evening with a karaoke session in a private room for the group; this is sure to be the most memorable night!
Day 8 Shanghai
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now