Thailand and Laos Adventure
Exploring Bangkok's canals, discovering Buddhist temples, floating down the mighty Mekong, getting wet in the spray of waterfalls.
Special Offers and PromotionsShow more
From the energy of Bangkok to the calm of Laos, this trip is a study in contrasts. Visit temples in Chiang Mai then spend the evening exploring the night market. Sail the Mekong into the heart and soul of Laos. An experienced CEO will make sure you get the most out of your tour, but will leave plenty of time for you to do your own thing. We utilize many forms of transport—both public and private—to keep travel time short so we can maximize time spent exploring the history and culture of this unforgettable region.
- Guided Klong trip in Bangkok, Entrance and guide to Wat Po, Entrance and guide to Doi Suthep, Entrance to Pak Ou caves, Entrance to Ethnology Museum (Luang Prabang), Kuang Si Falls trip (half day), unique local Lao homestay experience, Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum (seasonal), Water puppets in Hanoi.
- 8 breakfasts, 2 dinner. (Allow USD265-350 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (11 nts), village homestay (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt).
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, riverboat, tuk tuk, songthaew, taxi, cyclo, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok at any time.
Day 2 Bangkok (B)
Guided longboat tour of Bangkok’s klongs and Wat Po. Optional Grand Palace and National Museum visit. Overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Day 3 Chiang Mai
Enjoy a guided Doi Suthep temple tour. Other optional activities include cooking classes, a visit to the night market or taking an elephant ride.
Day 4 Chiang Khong
Head to Chiang Khong via Wat Rong Khun and enjoy your first view of the mighty Mekong.
Day 5 Mekong River
Travel by traditional barge down the Mekong River and cross the border into Laos.
Day 6-8 Luang Prabang (3B, 1D)
Take a guided tour of Pak Ou Caves, the Ethnology Museum and Kuang Si Waterfalls, including a local meal. Other activities include cooking classes, temple visits, night market shopping, bike rides, hiking and elephant treks.
Days 9-10 Homestay/Vang Vieng (1B,1D)
Spend the night in a local village enjoying traditional Laotian food. Sleep and eat like a local with your guide explaining everything along the way. On Day 10 drive to the picturesque town of Vang Vieng. Surrounded by limestone karsts, Vang Vieng is ideal for exploring the countryside by bicycle.
Day 11 Vientiane
Optional temple visits, national museum, explore highlights of this city.
Day 12-13 Hanoi (2B)
Flight from Vientiane to Hanoi on Day 12. Visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, stilt house and presidential palace. Water puppets ticket. Optional tour of Temple of Literature, museums, Hoa Lo Prison.
Day 14 Hanoi (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now