Discover historic cities and explore the ancient ruins of Ephesus, marvel at the extraordinary scenery of Cappadocia, enjoy dinner in a local family home, relax on an overnight boat trip, live like a local in a Turkish village
This comprehensive tour of Turkey combines history and beaches, man-made wonders and natural phenomena, as well as a vibrant and welcoming culture. Begin your trip roaming the palaces and mosques of Istanbul before journeying into the bizarre as you explore otherworldly Cappadocia. From the amazing white cliff waterfalls of Pamukkale to the bustling bazaars of Istanbul, our local CEOs will show you the region’s hidden gems and make sure your trip burns brightly in your memory long after you've left this crossroads of Asia and Europe.
- Istanbul city walking tour. Visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum. Traditional dinner with local family (Cappadocia). Underground city exploration. Village homestay. Overnight boat trip (Aegean sea, weather permitting). Ancient Hierapolis and Pamukkale entrance and guided walk. Ephesus entrance and visit. Ottoman mansion stay. Troy entrance and guided visit. Gallipoli battlefields entrance and guided visit.
- 14 breakfasts, 3 dinners. (Allow USD285-375 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (12 nts), simple village homestay (1 nt), boat (1 nt, multi-share, hotel stay if inclement weather).
- Private air-con van, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10
Looking for departures in the winter? Visit the Absolute Turkey: Winter tour.
Day 1 Istanbul
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Istanbul/Ankara (1B)
Istanbul city orientation walk, transfer to the capital city of Ankara.
Days 3-5 Cappadocia (3B,1D)
Drive from Ankara and visit an underground city en route. Walk through the valley and enjoy an included visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum. Enjoy a home-cooked dinner with a local family. Spend free time on Day 5 exploring this area.
Day 6 Konya/Village homestay (1B,1D)
Explore one of the many underground cities in the region. Explore Konya before spending the night in a local Turkish village as a guest of a local family.
Day 7 Antalya (1B)
Wander the lovely seaside town of Antalya.
Day 8 Cayagzi/Mediterranean Sea (1B,1D)
Enjoy a freshly cooked dinner before sleeping aboard a boat under the stars of the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 9 Kas (1B)
Opt for a morning swimming and some relaxing before travelling to Kas.
Day 10 Pamukkale (1B)
Guided walk of ancient city of Hierapolis and Pamukkale.
Day 11 Selçuk (1B)
Visit ancient Ephesus. Optional visits to St John's Basilica and the Mosque of Isa Bey, as well as the nearby picturesque village of Sirence.
Day 12 Ayvalik (1B)
Spend the night in a converted Ottoman mansion. Optional boat trips and visits to swimming beaches.
Day 13 Troy/Çanakkale (1B)
Visit to the ancient city of Troy.
Day 14 Gallipoli/Istanbul (1B)
Guided tour of Gallipoli, including ANZAC Cove, the war cemeteries and Lone Pine.
Day 15 Istanbul (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now